Accessing Open Data
Capella's Open Data Program is free and accessible to the general public. Featured Open Data can be found in the Open Data Gallery on our website. The full archive of Capella’s Open Data is accessible directly through an AWS S3 bucket and the Capella Console.
Searching & Accessing Featured Open Data through the Open Data Gallery
- Navigate to https://www.capellaspace.com/gallery/
- You can simply browse the imagery or search by using one of four filters: Title, Date, Industry & Country
2.1. Details include date, coordinates, Industry tag, city, country, image mode and a short description
- Select “Download this Scene” to download the tif or “Access Open Datasets” to be redirected to the AWS S3 bucket for additional product types and metadata
Searching & Accessing Open Data through the AWS S3 bucket
A direct link to the AWS S3 bucket is available in the Capella Space Open Data Gallery webpage. Before the preview of Open Data samples, click “Access Open Datasets” to be redirected to the AWS Registry. The introductory AWS Registry page includes further AWS resources, support materials, documentation and helpful tools/tutorials.
To search the AWS S3 bucket:
Under “Resources on AWS” and “Explore”, select “STAC Browser”
2. Search datasets through one of three different catalogues: Datetime, Instrument Mode, Industry Product Type
3. Select a STAC ID of interest for more details around location, collection parameters, and other metadata
*Imagery can also be accessed through the Capella Console by participants in the Data Cooperative or Data Grant program. Please apply through the website to connect with a member of our Community Program team for the ability to explore more data in the Capella Console for specific research and education purposes.
Downloading Open Data through the AWS S3 bucket
Capella’s Open Data is available for download in both complex and detected data formats. Learn more about SAR data formats here.
All assets associated with the image’s specific data format are available for download from the image’s STAC profile page on the left-hand side under “Assets.”
- Download the data file for deeper analysis
- Download the preview GeoTIFF and/or the PNG thumbnail for display