A battle for control of the city of Khartoum, Sudan began on April 15, 2023 between the Sudanese Armed Forces and the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces. Though fighting and unrest have been widespread throughout Sudan, the Khartoum International Airport and adjacent areas have been a focal point of the conflict.
Capella has been using our SAR imagery and analytics to monitor this conflict over time and is providing this sample data set to demonstrate the potent discovery, monitoring, damage assessment, and intelligence gathering capabilities of these products. Capella authored a blog post that provides a detailed overview of the collection methods used to capture the imagery and observations that can be derived using Change Detection and Capella's beta-release of Aircraft Detection and Classification. The 13 imagery and analytic products, listed below, are available free of charge to all Console account holders at the following link.
Sliding Spotlight imagery and Change Detection
- Pre-conflict baseline: 2022-11-22
- Conflict task 1: 2023-05-20
- Change Detection: 2022-11-22 vs 2023-05-20
- Conflict task 2: 2023-05-29
- Change Detection: 2023-05-20 vs 2023-05-29
- Conflict task 3: 2023-06-07
- Change Detection: 2023-05-29 vs 2023-06-07
- Conflict task 4: 2023-06-27
- Change Detection: 2023-06-07 vs 2023-06-27
Spotlight imagery and Aircraft Detection and Classification:
- Pre-conflict baseline: 2022-06-25
- Aircraft Detection and Classification: 2022-06-25
- Conflict task 1: 2023-04-19
- Aircraft Detection and Classification: 2023-04-19
Capella has written a wealth of Support Articles to help users to better understand our products. The articles below will assist in the access, manipulation, and interpretation of Capella imagery and Change Detection products.