Repeat tasks that are utilized in change detection and other analytics use cases often require strict geometric framing to ensure that collect parameters like Observation Direction, Orbital Plane, and Orbit State all remain the same from one collect to the next.
How it works
- When creating a new repeat task, select Maintain Scene Framing from the Optional Parameters.
- An additional field will appear called Look Angle Tolerance. Select a value between 0 to 10 degrees.
- Once the repeat task is submitted, the first task in the series is created.
- Based on that initial task, all subsequent single tasks will be submitted with the exact same Observation Direction, Orbital Plane, and Orbit State.
- All subsequent collects will also be within +/- the Look Angle Tolerance in degrees that you specified from the first task.
Satellites in the Capella Constellation are not in repeat track orbits, meaning that they do not always revisit the same points on Earth on a consistent cycle. Repeat tasks needing consistent geometries will have less frequent opportunities for collection. The Maintain Scene Framing option is only available for Bi-Weekly, Monthly, and Other repeat cycles. Using this option for a repeat series less than every two weeks may result in a higher number of task rejections.